Saturday, October 20, 2012

What is Education?


What is Education?

Am I educated because I have a degree from Veritas Classical and soon will have a degree from Georgia Gwinnett College?

Am I educated because I have close to 400 books in my private collection and working to expand it to 500 by graduation? (I spend a lot of money buying books from amazon)

Am I educated because I spend my spare time watching History, Psychology, and Theology lectures online?

     There are many ways to judge education. Education is all about exchanging and thinking about ideas. It is this exchange of ideas that advances societies. This can be done in many formats. It can be done in author to reader (books, articles, etc); it can be done in researcher to listener (lectures), and in friendly conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment